PV1500+ Bitmap resolutions

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know if there is a limitation to the colour resolutions of bitmaps displayed on PV1500+? I have had two of my guys come to know and say, that the application screens developed in ME appear OK, put on the PV1500+, the bitmaps appear 'all broken up'.

Have searched the Rockwell knowledge database, nothing and cannot call tech connect till Tuesday morning.

Thanks

My recollection is that the PV+ video is "18 bit color", but I can't find that in the user manual now that I'm looking.

Are your techs talking about color aberration, or about the size of the pixels ?

Eddie Willers said:
My recollection is that the PV+ video is "18 bit color", but I can't find that in the user manual now that I'm looking.

Are your techs talking about color aberration, or about the size of the pixels ?

I am going on the phrase " images all broken up". I have asked my guy to email me his application so I can see for myself. According to the online docs for ME, the PV+ should be able to handle the resolution, only issue is size of the *.bmp and colours used. More colours equals more memory. I just want see see how large and complex this *.bmp is.

I have put a bitmap into a PV+ and found I needed to get the final pixel values right before importing the bit map into ME, because once imported and you try to scale it made it look like trash.