timer circuit for oil pressure

sas11

Hello Again and again
I am making progress. However in my program when I first start my engine I get an oil pressure warning. Could someone help me with a delay circuit that would allow me about 25sec (n.o. switch)of run time before the oil pressure message shows up. I have tried a reset timer but it did not function properly.
Thanks

What kind of engine? Do you need a "prelube" time before starting? You might need a startup delay at one time, then a shutdown at a shorter time.

Check with your engineers. Pump oil pressure is a major thing.

(psst. remember the delay timer thread?)

it is a subaru engine in my experimental aircraft. just do not have the oil pressure switch made until after about 25sec of run time. I would like to have it so my low oil pressure text does not come up until an oil pressure problem after 25sec.
Thanks

I would think oil pressure is real important in an airplane.
I would only override the alarm for about 5 second. The easiest and most reliable is to energize the alarm in run position on ignition and deenergize in crank.

I agree the alarm is annoying when cranking the engine.

What I did with diesel on boat is have a mechanical guage so I always know what oil pressre is. The alarm is overridden while the ignition switch is in glow plugs on position or cranking mode. When switch spring returns to RUN the alarm is enabled.

Dan Bentler

25 seconds sounds a long time, especially in an engine that will cause a mess if it seizes up (ie drop out of the sky!) Are you sure 25 seconds is ok with no oil pressure???

I think I understand, you want a delay at startup, after which the alarm is active, and no delay.

OILP_LOQ.png