Step7 - unknown syntax for Load instruction

RMA

Having solved the last problem they dug up for me, I'm now working my way into the next one. While digging my way through the communications between the materials tracking PC and the PLC I came across the following instruction:

L B#(6, 6) //including the space after the comma!
T DIW[AR2,P#0.0]

From the context it's evident that the command is being used to load and transfer the maximum and actual length values for a six character string (then followed by three pairs of characters).

I've never seen this done before and haven't been able to find anything about it in the on-line help files, or in Berger.

Has anbody any further information about this technique, for example, can it be expanded to load (presumably a maximum of) four constants into ACCU1 at once?

Not seen or heard of this instruction, but it executes the same as shown below:

Code:
	  L	 B#(254, 255)
	  L	 W#16#FEFF

In STEP 7 help, search for 'Elementary Data Types'

You will find a table where this format is documented (in the examples).

Hi krk,

can you walk me through the path there. That search throws up so much information, that I can't see the wood for the trees!

Thanks

Roy

PS, I did switch to English first.

Edit, found it now, I expected to find it under "BYTE" in the table, not under "DWORD", so was looking in the wrong place!

Thanks a lot!

PS for anybody interested, the answer to my last question in the opening post is "yes".

Last edited: