invertors input block

alezi

Hello colleges,

Please tell me it is possible destroyed input circuit are we installed before inverters some circuit breakers (not fuses) to brake when inrush current is to high, Is it will react too quick and trip on power up when the motors connected with load and destroy them, second, is it big mistake connected grounding wires on place for brake resistance, one wires on negative position.

Tank you for replay.

Alezi, I also am struggling with your English but I think you are asking if you will damage the drive if the input circuit breakers release too quickly on power-up inrush or heavy motor overload. The answer is: no damage will occur but the drive will be unusable until a proper circuit breaker or fuse set is installed.

I believe your second question has to do with possible damage to the vfd if a ground wire was installed to the negative brake resistor terminal. The answer is: If the drive was powered up with that wire installed, the drive is probably damaged. I would expect some of the input diodes to burn up trying to conduct from the input phase to ground. This might be the only time I have ever seen where having a truly floating input power grid might have saved a drive from damage but, most likely, the drive is ruined.