Problem With WINCC FLEXIBLE & KEPSERVER

eleall

Hi!
I have a GEFANUC Versamax PLC and i want to conect it with WINCC FLEXIBLE 2007, im using KEPSERVER and i dont have problems reading the data from the PLC, but when i try to make a device tag in the WINCC FLEXIBLE in the field symbols i have the msg "Init OPC Connection Failed" and i cant make conection with the OPC, what's happening?

eleall said:
[..] im using KEPSERVER and i dont have problems reading the data from the PLC
Do you mean that if you use an OPC test client, then it works OK ?
If not, then you absolutely must first try to use a test client.
eleall said:
[..]in the WINCC FLEXIBLE in the field symbols i have the msg "Init OPC Connection Failed" and i cant make conection with the OPC
Are you trying to browse for the OPC tags when you configure an i/o field ?
Is the OPC server installed on the programming PC ?
Try to create tags in the tag editor, by assigning the adresses absolutely, rather than browsing for them.

I have a test client and i cand send/write data of the PLC. The Kepserver channel is the ETHERNET_GE (is this channel right to comunicate the GEFANUC with the WINCC FLEXIBLE??).
the OPC is installed in the same PC that has the WINCC FLEXIBLE (a virtual machine) and the GEFANUC programming software is installed in the hard drive of the PC (Not in the Virtual machine).

In CONNECTIONS of the WINCC FLEXIBLE im using the INTERFACE: OPC and the OPC SERVER NAME is Kepware.KEPServerEnterprise.V4.
When i try to configure a tag i have that message in the symbol field "Init OPC Connection Failed" in the address i tried to put the ITEM ID of the OPC QUICK CLIENT (Kepserver), but doesnt work, i tried to put that in the ACCES PATH but didnt work too, and i dont know what else i can do.

If you can access the GE PLC from a test client within your VM, then so shall WinCC Flexible be able to. If not, then WinCC Flexible also can not.
In that case the remedy is: Install WinCC Flex normally.

What you are doing is to browse for the OPC tags from within WinCC Flexible.
The alternative is to just define the OPC tags manually. After you compile, you must transfer the runtime files to "outside" the VM.
A very tedious procedure, so I think that installing WinCC Flex normally is better.

Ok now the WINCC FLEXIBLE is normal, but i's still not working, maybe is the configuration of the tag.
In the OPC QUICK CLIENT i have this ItemID: ETHERNET_GE.AUTOCLAVES.ABRIR_VENTEO (bool) and is conected with the tag of the PLC (%M6)
I dont know how do i have to fill the fields of Symbol, Address and Path Acces in the WINCC FLEXIBLE tag configuration. I think that this could be the problem.

In the connection dialog, you have to setup a new connection of type OPC.
Give it a name "MyOPC" for example, and specify the name of the server. I dont know what the name of the Kepserver is. For Simatic Net, it is called "OPC.SimaticNet". For Rockwell RSLinx it is called "RSLinx OPC Server". You must find out yourself.

In the tag editor dialog, insert new tags with the connection "MyOPC".
Only address has to be filled out.
In the OPC server, a "connection" which is sometimes called an "OPC topic" has to be setup. If a connection called "MyTopic" is setup, then a tag could be called "[MyTopic]MyObject.StartCommand" if a "MyObject.Startcommand" symbol is also defined in the OPC server. Otherwise the tag could be called "[MyTopic]%M6" with absolute adressing.
Dont worry about access path. It is only used with remote connections to an external OPC server.