What software should I use for panelview 2711_KC1

wilsonzhu

I have a project with panelview 2711-KC1 and PLC5/02. Now I need to change some logic, can I use panelbuilder32 to upload and do some programming for this panelview(CRT type old style), what cable should I use. Thanks.

wilsonzhu said:
I have a project with panelview 2711-KC1 and PLC5/02. Now I need to change some logic, can I use panelbuilder32 to upload and do some programming for this panelview(CRT type old style), what cable should I use. Thanks.

I beleive you need the old DOS based PDS software, or possibly Panelbuilder 1400e

The 1200, 1400, and 1000e panelviews need the Panelview 1400e software. Panelbuilder 32 will not support them. I think the cable is a 2711-NC11 but I'm not positive. Check rockwell literature library for the manual for your panelview. Check ebay for cables as well. I just bought one for a 1000e for about 10 bucks.

2711-KC1 is what we call a "PanelView 1200 Classic". It's not an Enhanced, or a Standard, or a Plus.

Depending on the firmware in the terminal, you can use either the classic PDS software (2711-ND1) , or a 16-bit Windows version (2711-ND1W, for Version 5 firmware only). Read the firmware revision from the sticker on the back.

Any 2711-KC1 is going to be around 10 to 15 years old and if it's been in continuous operation the CRT is nearing the end of its useful life. You should consider a path to upgrading it before it fails.

Since the classic PanelBuider DOS software has not been offered for sale a very long time, your best bet is to get it from your local A-B office. I usually will trade an installation of that software to a customer for the opportunity to quote them (or help an integrator quote them) the upgrade to PanelView Plus.

The cable that connects the PanelView 1200 Classic to a computer is 2711-NC1. It's not particularly special; the pinout is shown on RA Knowledgebase document #33913.