RFID Read/Write

KEN_KACEL

We currently are using OMron V700 RFID system. This is an rs232 device with 240 bytes. The trail back to the PLC 5000AB is through an rs232/device net converter. The system is not large enough or fast enough for the application.
We are looking for a device that has at least 1K or more memory and hangs off the ethernet or devicenet directly, no rs232.
Any Ideas?

"If I learn by my mistakes I am on my way to being a genius"

I just got back from some training up at TURCK on their new RFID products. Pretty sweet stuff they have. You can do the RFID on DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, ModbusTCP, and Profibus. The new RFID-S slice might be just the ticket for your needs. It's a standalone RFID head unit on DeviceNet.

You should get in contact with your local TURCK guy and have him let you play with a system.

On a side note, they demo'd their new BL20 / BL67 Ethernet IP gateways with the built-in DeviceNet masters. Really cool in that it is a slave on Ethernet/IP or ModbusTCP and then has a complete DeviceNet scanner on the unit while you can also have other IO connected directly to the BL rack.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo