Step 5 comms probs

kevbloke

Hello,

I have a problem with getting communication with any step5 plc with my new Dell Latitude D630.
We used to have a nice Field PG but that died and was replaced by them with tight purses with the latitude. This unit is working with step7, Gx developer, pro-tool, E-designer and many others but not with step5.
Any ideas please step5 guru's

Thanks
Kev

kevbloke said:
Hello,

I have a problem with getting communication with any step5 plc with my new Dell Latitude D630.
We used to have a nice Field PG but that died and was replaced by them with tight purses with the latitude. This unit is working with step7, Gx developer, pro-tool, E-designer and many others but not with step5.
Any ideas please step5 guru's

Thanks
Kev

I use DosBox http://www.dosbox.com/ and Step 5 with my Latitude with no issues

One things you need to know the communication port on S5 is a TTY port, it is not RS232. you need a convertor then your laptop can talking with S5

Cheers guys

The problem turned out to be that the markem connectivity option had been selected to "start" in the services. This hijacks the comm port.I have now set this to "stop". I can now go online.

Thanks for the input guys, you have still given me some good links that i didn't know about.

Kev