WinCC

hi

Hi,

WinCC is a scada software package from siemens.

HMI is more a name for local interfacing to the operators, panels, PC's.

WinCC can also be used locally, but we used it for trendings, archiving data, visualisation, controlling the heat in each hall, all from 1 PC linked to 8 PLC's at the same time.

The communication of WinCC is possible in several ways, we bought the ethernet driver. Our topology is connected to Leancards (on the S7 racks). But if you have a profibus topology then you can communicate with a cp 5613 for example also.

I cannot describe many more things, but WinCC can do a lot more then WinCC Flexible.

lakshmi.chamarthi said:
Hi Everyone,

I am newbie to this forum.
I would like to know what is WinCC and how its connected with PLC and HMI world.

Thanks
Lakshmi