WinCC 2007 compile

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
I searched around a little but couldn't find anything. I just upgraded from Wincc 2005 advanced to 2007 advanced. Now my software will not finish compiling. Says compiling and has 1 bar on the screen but doesn't do anything after that. Doesn't lock up, I can end it in task manager and cancel it.

Anyone have any issues like this?

Nevermind. I was getting to eager. Since upgrade it now takes about 15 minutes to compile a project.

Tried a few compiles and it never really sped up until I saved it as a 2005 sp1 version.

Did you try these two things?
- Delete Temporary Files: This is found under the menu Options.
- Save and Optimize: This is found under the menu Project.
I think they help.

These also take a long time the first time they are used. However, as with the Generate function (menu Project -> Compile -> Generate), you can monitor the progress if you display the Output window (menu View -> Output).