Ascii String MicroLogix 1100 To Mdrive

james-0000

I am currently working on a MicroLogix 1100 and an Mdrive17 plus smart motor. My goal is to send an ASCII String to the Mdrive from the ML1100 to change the speed of the motor.

I am able to see the string come out of the PLC and into HyperTerminal. I am also able to see the string in HyperTerminal on the RS485 Network; right before the Mdrive would get connected. I still cannot get the drive to accept the string. The String I am sending is Line Feed, Carraige Return, String,Line Feed, Carraige Return.

I have attached the PLC program and the Drive Program.

I appreciate the help and your time.

ML1100.jpg

Hi,

I tested your program using the hyper terminal. When I toggle the R60:DN, the micrologics 1100 writes to the serial port (Serial parameters are defined in the channel 0 of the chanel configuration files). So, your program works fine. Make sure that the MDRIVE is configured to force incoming data to 7 bits ascii, this is what I did in the windows hyperterminal. Also, check in the mdrive manual to see if it needs either CR and/or LF. You can configure micrologix to send CR and/or LF according to what the mdrive requires.

regards

Helcio