RSlinx iFIX 4.5 opc setup

get your topic correctly configured in RSLinx so you are pointing to your PLC.

In iFix watch out if you have INT and you are trying to address individual bits...works much better if your analogues are DINT, and it doesnt cost you anything.

After your iFix OPC server has been installed, Create iFix tags - set source to OPC and the format of the address needs to handled carefully - it's something like:

AI:
OPCRSLinx;grpHMIPLC;AI_TAGNAME;No Access Path

DI:
OPCRSLinx;grpHMIPLC;[FIX]Input[0].10;No Access Path;;/0

Similar Topics

Can anyone tell me the proper I/O address format to use for doing this? I've done this a million times with Modicon, but that driver doesn't...
Replies
Views
I have 2 PLCs. One is networked to our plant, and the other is networked to the first PLC via a 1756-EN2T. I could easily get the second PLC...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am working on a project, where I face a issue with respected to Network Dropout. The PLC is connected to a 16 port unmanaged switch, where...
Replies
Views
Does Rockwell still offer reset codes for old school Master Disk floppy's? In a bind and need to reset the activation disk soon and to be pointed...
Replies
Views
Anyone have issues with RSLinx being very slow to open. It sometimes will say "Checking Activation" at the bottom for what seems like an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom