RSLinx Slow to Open

eight_bools

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone have issues with RSLinx being very slow to open. It sometimes will say "Checking Activation" at the bottom for what seems like an eternity. In reality it may only be a minute or two.

I have never had an activation, and am using the free version. Is there any way to skip this check at startup?

Attachments

• RSLinx.jpg
    RSLinx.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
This was an issue that I think I first noticed in Windows 7. I haven't seen it in quite some time, but here is what I did to resolve it. My directions are for Windows 10 so if you are using another version of Windows it may be slightly different.

1. Go to Microsoft Edge
  2. Click the three dots in the top right
  3. Select More Tools then Internet Options
  4. Click Advanced
  5. Scroll down to the Security settings
  6. Deselect "Check for publisher's certificate revocation"
  7. Deselect "Check for server certificate revocation"
  8. Click OK
  9. Restart the PC
If your computer is older and has Internet Explorer the first couple steps would be slightly different. With Windows 10 you could also just search for "Internet Options".

OG

This was an issue that I think I first noticed in Windows 7. I haven't seen it in quite some time, but here is what I did to resolve it. My directions are for Windows 10 so if you are using another version of Windows it may be slightly different.

1. Go to Microsoft Edge
  2. Click the three dots in the top right
  3. Select More Tools then Internet Options
  4. Click Advanced
  5. Scroll down to the Security settings
  6. Deselect "Check for publisher's certificate revocation"
  7. Deselect "Check for server certificate revocation"
  8. Click OK
  9. Restart the PC
If your computer is older and has Internet Explorer the first couple steps would be slightly different. With Windows 10 you could also just search for "Internet Options".

OG

That seems to have helped a bit, I am running Windows Server 2016, found them in the advanced menu in Internet options.