Processor back to factory default

randy

Supporting Member
I would like to return a SLC 500 5/04 back to factory default. I believe I have to remove the processor from the back-plane and jumper between GND and VBB.

Is this correct?

Thanks

rmonroe

Yes, thats correct.

A couple more reminders
  • Power down the rack before unplugging the processor and leave it powered down until after you reinsert the processor.
  • Unplug the processor battery BEFORE shorting the VBB pin to ground.

My over all goal is to communicate using the USB (DF1) converter. I wanted to set the processor back to factory default before trying. I'm using SLC 5/04 processor and the 1747 UIC driver for RSLinks.

Using the RS232 (DH485) port on the USB converter (COM Port4) and the switch in the right postion I am not able to communicate with the PLC. But if I go directly from my PC Com port (re-configured port com1) to the PLC I have no issues.

I then switched processor (SLC 5/03) and using now the RS485 (DH485) port on the converter (com port4) I am able to estabish communication.

I'm not sure what my problem is...maybe I need some help?

Thanks for your support

rmonroe

The 1747 UIC is exclusively for DH485 communications - despite the fact that it has a 9-pin D connector on it. This has caused considerable confusion among people. The 9 pin D connector is used for communicating with PLCs on which Channle 0 has been re-configured to talk using the DH485 protocol.

If you are using the default DF1 protocol, you need to use a standard USB-RS232 converter (I use a Keyspan converter when I need one) or your computers RS232 port to connect to channel 0 of the PLC.

Save the UIC for talking to SLC5/01 and SLC5/02 PLCs.