WinCC Faceplate

Robin_20

I need to create an faceplate in wincc that can be copied a lot of times but the tags need to match the individual faceplate number...

My idea was to make a list of all the motors and their startbuttons in Excel, and make the DB's in Step 7. Two (or more) DB's per motor (e.g. visualisation & manual). then I would like to put this as tags in WinCC and make a template out of it.

So I can use that template for every motor. I would only have to change the number of the motor and the tags need to be changed with it.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and how it's done ?

Greetz Robin

Is it flexible or regular WinCC you are using? If its flexible then you can pass a structure to a template so you only have to change one tag. I cant speak for the regular WinCC since i never used it.

Robin,

You can do the sort of thing your talking about by making use of multiplexed tags. e.g. Define an internal tag as DriveNumber and use it to index all your other tags. See the example below.

Tags.jpg

On the screen you can alter the DriveNumber value and display/control the correct drive. The example below uses the same principles to control 20 heating controllers.

TempsScreen.jpg

You could use a faceplate and one for each drive and control the visibility but that might get tedious.

Nick

Bratt,

Thanks for the link to a really great example of a faceplate with a structure.

Good though it is, two things are stopping this from being really brilliant:

1. The ability to import UDTs from S7 projects
2. The ability to multiplex structures

Maybe in the next version.

Nick