Profibus / Siemens S7 / TI-505

uttd

I work in the Natural Gas Industry at a compressor Station. I have 4 engines fully automated on Siemens S7 with Profibus on the engines and yard valves. I have a fifth engine not fully automated that is still on a TI-505. The 505 is linked with Profibus to the Siemens system(The only thing this is currently doing is providing some data). We are preparing to install operators on the yard valves on #5 engine. Is it possible to use Profibus to control these valves with the 505 still running the engine? If so, how?

Thanks,

Dave

uttd said:
I work in the Natural Gas Industry at a compressor Station. I have 4 engines fully automated on Siemens S7 with Profibus on the engines and yard valves. I have a fifth engine not fully automated that is still on a TI-505. The 505 is linked with Profibus to the Siemens system(The only thing this is currently doing is providing some data). We are preparing to install operators on the yard valves on #5 engine. Is it possible to use Profibus to control these valves with the 505 still running the engine? If so, how?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello Dave

Sorry for the late reply, didn’t read your message earlier then today when I was searching within the forum for 505.

You mention that the 555 is already connected to profibus and that there is some data exchange between the 555(I assume that it is a 555 cpu?) and the S7 plc,s.
How is the 555 connected now to profibus?
I mean are you using the on board profibus port (if this particular cpu has one) or are you using a 505-7202 FIM module card or are you using the 505-CP5434-FMS module?

Whit the last processor it’s not possible to control the valves because this module only provides the profibus FMS protocol and for the valves the profibus DP protocol is provided.

If the cpu has a onboard profibus board then the probibus DP communication can be configured using software “ COM Profibus” from Siemens.
For the valves you would need then the appropriate GSD file and copy this file into com profibus. After that you can set up the configuration in workshop and export the binary file that can be merged into the 555 using TISOFT(DOS based software) or 505 workshop(windows based software) where you can assign then the in and output addresses for the valves.

If you make use of the FIM module to control the valves then you need to use 505-7202 configuration rel 3.3 that can be downloaded for free at the Siemens site
http://www2.sea.siemens.com/Products/Automation/Programmable-Controllers/Programmable-Controllers-SIMATIC-505-Downloads

You would need this program if the slave connected to the FIM needs additional user date to be entered if the slave doesn’t need this then you can configure it like you configure a normal I/O module in a remote base.

So first it’s important to know how the 505 is connected to profibus.
I hope my answer isn’t too late and if you already have your valves connected or have replaced the 505 with a Siemens S7 cpu then you can consider my answer as not written.

Regards

Henny