elevator simulation

mtheys

I am in need of a push in the right direction. I am having brain freeze and am probably overlooking what is right in front of my face. I have my elevators door closing and going up to the top floor, however it is going to far and not stopping at floor level. What am I overlooking? I tried a counter and a timer to time out, but nothing seems to be working. Am i on the right track or way off base?

Thank you for any light on the subject.

mtheys

elevatorsim.jpg

The first thing you need to do is add enough documentation to your program so that a person who didn't write it can have a chance of following your logic. You've only labeled one input and that's ambiguous. Is it the "Up" pushbutton at the first floor or the limit switch that indicates that the car is at the first floor?

I think I see your problem
"I have my elevators door closing and going up to the top floorI have my elevators door closing and going up to the top floor"

The doors are fastened to the building wall and stay there. It is the cab that moves not the doors. Unless you are referring to the doors mounted on the cab - if you got that complicated.

Are you doing a working model or is this completely simulated??

I agree with Steve you really need to better identify the switches and the timers for what they do. The time spent labeling will save you when you foul up and forget or get confused as to what you did.

I RElearned this the hard way in school (old enough to know better but dumb enough to do it again)
Dan Bentler

Thank you, I am sorry I wasn't more clear. I hope this is better. I am pretty sure an encoder will do the trick, however, I am unsure as how to tie it into the program. This will be a only viewed as a computer simulation. My problem restated again is, I can not get my door to open when it reaches the top floor, but more importantly it is traveling to far up. It is here I believe the encoder will work, but how. Could you possible explain?

elevlogic.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you,
mtheys

You don't have anything in your logic that turns off O:4/0. Once you turn it on, it's going to stay on until you tell it stop.

You also don't have anything that turns off your "Close Door" actuator O:4/2.If the actuator is a pneumatic or hydraulic cylinder, that may be no big deal. If the actuatr is an electric motor, something's gonna break.

Mtheys,

An encoder is not really your problem, as Steve pointed out.

Forget the timers. You need to do some organization. This type of program cannot be done with the seat-of-the-pants method. First figure out the steps in the process, then write subroutines for each step.

The subroutine for the part of the LogixPro Elevator Exercise on which you are working should look something like this:

Elevator_Door_and_Car.JPG

Last edited:
It is here I believe the encoder will work, but how. Could you possible explain?
Mtheys, the encoder is already built-in, in place in the LogixPro Elevator Simulator. You just have to figure out how to use it. The encoder is used in Subroutine 7--Track Car Movement. I suggest some LIM commands to monitor WHERE the car is located at any time.

Thank you for all your assistance. Since my last post, I have had some success at limiting the travel up of my elevator, the door has still illuted me. I appreciate all your help.

M.Theys

LogixPro Elevator Student Exercise 4

Yes, here are PDF files for each subroutine, in the compressed ZIP format.