LogixPro elevator simulation

shoelesscraig

Has anyone else had problems with labeling this exercise?? I add my documentation getting everything all nice and neat, save it, then close it. When I come back to it later, the labeling I did for the call buttons on the wall and the lights that are associated with them are gone, just the address is left, leaving the program very hard to follow. Anyone had this happen to them??

Yes,
It happened to me for all of the larger, longer LogixPro programs that I have attempted, including the Elevator and the Bottle Fill Line. After many tests, I concluded that the LogixPro software has some upper memory limit for rung and symbol comments. Apparently when you reach that limit, the text comments will show in the program until it is saved, but when it is reloaded from disk, some of the comments and symbol descriptions will be gone. I think the ones that get deleted are always the last ones that were added.

JoAnn,

Before the Elevator program will run, you have to have also programmed the 6 Subroutines (shown as U3, U4, U5, U6, U7, and U8 in your main program). Before any LogixPro program will run, you have to do these steps:

1. "Download" the PLC program from your computer to the PLC. This is a simulated Download of the real RSLogix software.

2. Switch to "Online" mode.

3. Switch the PLC from "PGM" to "RUN" mode.

4. Go to the system control panel and enter a start request. The machine or device should start and run as you requested. If it does not, then you have a "bug" (a programming error) in your ladder logic.

For a beginner running the elevator program, you should set the "Scan" speed slider to about 50%, so that the elevator moves slow enough that you can see the PLC step through the subroutines a rung at a time.

Last edited:
suggestion: instead of a picture, post your entire RSL program file ... (you'll have to zip it first - forum rule) ...

some of us have the LogixPro software ... we'll look at your program and try to help ... there's not much we can tell from the screen shot you've posted ...

and welcome to the forum ...