RS Logix 5000

Orn Jonsson

Hi all,

I'm having trouble determining which edition of the RSLogix 5000 to purchase.

My application consists of a Compact Logix controller 1769L32E which will be communicating (via Ethernet/IP)with: a PARKER ACR9000 motion controller and a C-More Touch screen, and possibly a Cognex camera. Ideally I also would like to be able to access the system remotely via the Internet for monitoring.

Rockwell has seven versions of the RSLogix5000 out and I'm currently looking at the Lite Edition vs. Standard Edition. Oddly enough the Lite edition seems to have a lot more features already supported whereas you have to buy them separately for the Standard version. Also I need to figure out if I need RSLinx Professional and RSNetWorx for Ethernet/IP, since the communication between the devices is via Ethernet/IP. Cost is not really a factor right now - functionality is.

My local AB distributor is of limited support in this matter.

Any pointers

Regards,
OJ

As a quick response I would recommend the RSlogix standard bundle which gets Logix5000 for all controllers and RSNetworx for Devicenet, Controllnet and Ethernet/IP. Can't really give you help on the RSLinx but from what you've stated RSLinx Lite (which come with Logix5000) should work fine for you.

Orn Jonsson said:
Cost is not really a factor right now - functionality is.

Logix5000 Pro then. You get Logix for all processors with support for all languages + RSLinx Pro + RSNetworx + a whole bunch of other little things. Once you have it keeping it upgraded isn't going to cost you extra since techconnect support licenses are based on how many processors you have, not on what software you have.

Rslogix 500

When we open software showing THE COPY PROTECTION LICENSE FOR THE APPLICATION COULD NOT BE ACQUIRED.
ERROR: 2
How to resolve it.

Step 1: Start a new thread instead of posting off-topic in a thread that's almost nine years old.

Step2a: If the error message relates to RSLogix500, purchase a legitimate copy of RSLogix500 and activate the license.

Step2b: If the error message relates to the program installed on your PLC, contact the original programmer and request legitimate access.

We do not discuss methods to circumvent copy protection on this forum.