1/4 Rack of RIO

sparky64

I'm doing a project at work, on the compressors / hot water services, and I need to monitor alarms (digital) and temperatures.
I'm installing a 1/4 rack of RIO (flex I/O), which is being scanned by a 5/250.
I'm going to use an ASB module for the RIO,can i use 1 x 16 point input card and 1 x 4 channel analogue card, with the ASB module?

Thanks for the replies
Sparky

HI Roger

Thanks for the reply, I've been working with 5/250's for the past 6 years, we have component traceability, (250 integer words per component), and at any one time up to 2500 components on the prod line, so lots of data flying around.
The 5/250's handle the data records until the components are packed out and all the data is uploaded to the server.

I enjoy working with the 5/250, but it's not very forgiving if you make a mistake, especially with all that dynamic data it's holding.......can get a bit scary. We need to start looking at replacing the 5/250's, as AB probably will stop supporting them before too long.

Cheers

Sparky :)