Scada connect to RIO rack

narmandakh.d

Hello everyone,

I am using Allen-Bradley controllogix. My PLC have a 2 rack, one is rack0(CPU rack have a 16slot) another one is rack1 (RIO rack have a 16slot). CPU rack have a 1 ea EN2TR(slot3) and RIO rack have a 2 ea EN2TR(slot1 and slot16) network moduls. Factory Talk view's scada connection connected to rack1 s16. But RS Linx classic cannot find cpu rack0. Who active only can looking RIO rack1. How to configure RS Linx classic on the this situation?:geek::geek::geek:

Last edited:
Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

It would make a lot more sense to connect your SCADA system to the Ethernet network that includes the 1756-EN2T in the chassis with the CPU.

Is this a ControlLogix Redundancy system ?

If you need to use the network path you describe, you need to configure RSLinx Classic so that it knows the IP address of the 1756-EN2T in the CPU chassis. RSLinx Classic cannot automatically detect IP addresses on a "remote network".

When you "drill down" in RSLinx Classic to the "RIO Chassis", then browse to the 1756-EN2TR in Slot 1 and to the Ethernet network under its network port.

Right-click and select Properties.

That should give you a two-tab window with a "Browse Addresses" tab that allows you to enter a list of IP addresses on that remote network. Enter the IP address of the 1756-EN2TR that is in Slot 3 of the chassis with the CPU.