compressors protection

mo_eng

can i use a software protection for compressor's high and low pressure controls ?
or thats protections most be done with hardware equipments

Last edited:
mo_eng said:
can i use a software protection for compressor's high and low pressure controls ?
or thats protections most be done with hardware equipments

Sorry, I see from another thread you are not talking about air compressors, but other liquids.

First question is: Why not buy a compressor? With that you'll get all the support for it from the company that sells them, including warrenties, etc.

Other than that...

High pressure should be hardware, so that if the controller fails you won't have a chance to over pressurize your system. Maybe a "soft" limit from your controller could stop before, and a hard limit above that to stop incase of a controller failing.

I don't see an issue with the controller turning it on for low pressure. Worst that should happen is a low pressure alarm on what ever machinery is being operated by it. (Hopefully what ever machinery is designed well enough to not have any safety issues due to air pressure loss).

Last edited:
At this point in time, based on the kinds of questions you are asking, my recommendation is to contact a consultant in your area who has experience working with refrigeration compressors. Since you are using a semi-hermetic compressors its probably a safe assumption that this is a large chiller. The cost of a semi-hermetic compressor is many times what you will probably pay the consultant.