Master drives and simolink

pauly

I would like to control 2 slave masterdrives from an existing masterdrive via simolink. We intend to retrofit a simolink card to the existing drive which has devicenet connection also. My first thought is to send the master motor speed over simolink to the slaves as a speed reference, a trim setpoint is required also which I intended to transmit via devicenet to the slaves. I am a bit unsure how to introduce the trim function within the drives and indeed how to synchronise the drives via simolink. Any ideas or thoughts are very much appreciated.

The simolink system I have worked with used a virtual master in one of the drives, this position/velocity setpoints were then sent out to all drives and the motors all followed the virtual master. Speed trimming was achived by adjusting the electronic gearbox ratio.

Can you describe your system in more detail - what are the drives controlling, why do you need to trim ?