manual for wincc v6

MAHER

Hi all
i want to know the difference between (SIMATIC WINAC) & (SIMATIC WINCC)
and i need the manual that can help me to train my self on it
(the getting start manual for wincc v6)

best regards

maher

Hello macs_pc;

Imagine Step 7 working with PLCSim, but also connected to external IO through Profibus-DP. This is an extremely simple explanation of WinAC softPLC. You program on a PC (as usual) but you download to the PC itself as controller, and you are connected to real process IO through ET200 stations in the plant. You have the possibility of accessing the whole memory area of your PC from the PLC controller, and you can benefit from higher PC clock speeds that you can have on standard PLCs.
WinAC comes either as a "pure" soft PLC, or as a slotPLC: the controller is then a PCI card inserted on the PC bus; with external power applied to the PCI controller you become virtually independant of the PC crashes.
For more information, you could look at the PC-based controls portal from Siemens:
https://www.automation.siemens.com/simatic/pcbased/html_76/produkte/pc-based/based.htm

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hello macs_plc;

PLCSim is a software emulator that works in combination with Step 7. It simulates memory areas of a PLC so you can test a program or function blocks without downloading to a hardware controller.
Now, whether this controller is (or will eventually be) a S7-300 CPU, a C7 CPU + HMI, a slot PLC or a soft PLC is irrelevant...
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier