Selection of Manual-Automatic from PLC inputs and also from WinCC Flex 2005‏

interlock

Dear All,

Consider a selector switch is located at the electrical panel and it is wired to the PLC at I0.5 (When I0.5 is low = Manual , when I0.5= high = Auto).

Also, WinCC has configured the touch panel with a button authorizing selection of Manual and Automatic.

How to make sure the safety? Just by providing interlocks in the program???

What is normally done or what is the normal practice when programming such applications?

PLease bear with these "low-level" questions .... I'm still getting on with WinCC Flex.
Regards

Dear All,

Consider a selector switch is located at the electrical panel and it is wired to the PLC at I0.5 (When I0.5 is low = Manual , when I0.5= high = Auto).

Also, WinCC has configured the touch panel with a button authorizing selection of Manual and Automatic.

How to make sure the safety? Just by providing interlocks in the program???

What is normally done or what is the normal practice when programming such applications?

PLease bear with these "low-level" questions .... I'm still getting on with WinCC Flex.
Regards

If you want to switch equally both from the HMI and the panel, you will have to use pushbusttons preferably with LEDs, and pulses from the HMI. A selector can not be used.

Kalle