Abb product selection

turbohamad

Respected Members;
I am going to design the PLC control system.
The requirement as under:
1. Input/ Out put modules are SIL 2 certified.
24 DI, 18 DO and 8 AI.
2. Controller are IP 20, Minimum memory size 2048 KB, Memory type user data 1024 KB, supply voltage 24 v DC.
3. Control system design is simplex (No Redundant required) but modules should be SIL 2 Certified.

So I select following
1. CPU PM 583-ETH
2. DI 524 or DX 581-S (Combo 8 DI & 8 DO), Which one is better DI 524 or DX 581-S
3. DO 562 or Use DX 581-S,
4. AI 581-S for analog Input.
5. SM-560-S

My first ambiguity is with CPU PM 583 which models of DI, DO and AI modules are configurable?

Is SM-560-S is necessary for the simplex system?

Further more I choose the HMI CP 676 15" Screen which communicate with RJ 45 (Ethernet) with Controller.

Please guide me best possible solution to select the products?

Regards

It's the holiday season.

Perhaps search the forum for users that have made posts with ABB PLC, your model of CPU. PM that user and ask them to contribute to this thread. This forum is not modern enough for @mentions.

I have been in industry for 18 years, seen many ABB products, mainly switchgear, but never an ABB PLC.