5. PLC controller with following specification:

COMMUNICATION INTERFACE Industrial Ethernet, 2x RS232 / 485
DEGREE OF PROTECTION IP 20
MEMORY SIZE At Least 2048 KB
CONTROLLER PROCESSING TIME 0.00005 ms
SUPPLY VOLTAGE 20.4 V DC TO 28.8 V DC
AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE Operation: -10º to 50º C
MEMORY TYPE USER DATA Minimum 1024 KB RAM

The system is simplex no need of function blocks. Its just control the process by Bits on and Off, Analog inputs is used for pressure transmitters which control the bits by reading the desired mA.

Please guide me what i choose Siemens, Rockwell, Omron, Mitsubishi or ABB.
Which software are use for programming the PLC and Design the HMI (Included Graphical presentation) as per your suggestion.

Regards

The scan time is interesting.

The Idec FC6A met my criteria:
  • 384K Memory (mostly used for ASCII print buffers and labels)
  • Free or inexpensive 1 time purchase software
  • Remote programming by email.
  • Ethernet TCP Socket communication
  • MODBUS TCP
  • Security for OEM property

The Idec FC6A and HG panels are by far the best combination for an off-the-shelf, ready to configure system. So far after 7 years, with hundreds of them in our control systems in the field, they have been exceptional.

Being mostly familiar with Allen Bradley products, I would probably recommend something in the Compactlogix line for the PLC. The only downside of that is that you would need to buy a rather pricey module to do RS 232 or RS 485.
Also if you do not have Allen Bradley software that will cost you between
5 - 10K USD depending on which license you purchase.

Another option you might consider is the Schneider M221 line of controllers. It looks like it would meet most of your specifications except for maybe the variable memory. The software is also easy to use and FREE.

-- just my thoughts

That's interesting. We compared Schneider and Idec. The Idec FC6A is based on the M221 and you will see the similarities. The big differences will be with the internal firmware, features, pricing, and availability.

I evaluated the Machine Expert Basic software. The memory allocation is limited to 8000 words (and a modest 1024 bits).

We needed much more. The Idec WindLDR 56,000 words allows for substantial ASCII print storage and re-print buffer of 900 (80 character) lines. This is about the same as the CompactLogix 5069-L306ER.

The WindLDR ladder logic with a Main Routine and Sub Routine calls keeps you in familiar territory with Allen Bradley programming. There is also script for customized functions.

1. 24 Digital Inputs (SIL 2)
2. 24 Digital Outputs (SIL 2)
3. 4 Analog Inputs. (SIL 2)
These I/O that are SIL 2 rated, are they safety I/O ? Is it a safety application ?

MEMORY SIZE At Least 2048 KB
CONTROLLER PROCESSING TIME 0.00005 ms
[..]
The system is simplex no need of function blocks. Its just control the process by Bits on and Off, Analog inputs is used for pressure transmitters which control the bits by reading the desired mA.
Thats relatively much memory and quite a fast processor, when the program is to be relatively simple.
0.00005 ms (= 0.05 μs = 50 ns).
Siemens midrange safety CPU (1516F-3 PN/DP) has 10 ns bit execution, 1.5MB for code and 5 MB for data.

Dear Members;
Sorry for the typing mistake for scan time. I think a person who makes the specification is almost similar to ABB PLC CPU PM583-ETH.

Here I share a image for this type of system which are going to develop.

Some members ask about protocol, I understand that as AB use Control Net,
Device Net and Ether Net (I am familiar with these) But if CPU and Modules as shown in Picture are on the same chassis then what can I say?

For HMI I want to use Industrial Ethernet for communication between CPU and HMI.

I have Rockwell Software for PLC programming like RSLOGIX 5.0, Logix 5000 Ver 10 to 20 and Studio 5000.

Regards

IMG-20231228-WA0064.jpg

Repeat:
These I/O that are SIL 2 rated, are they safety I/O ? Is it a safety application ?
The ABB PLC in the picture is a safety PLC.

I have Rockwell Software for PLC programming like RSLOGIX 5.0, Logix 5000 Ver 10 to 20 and Studio 5000.
So you are in reality asking which Rockwell PLC is the best fit for the specifications listed ?

It would be helpful to know the application.

If a safety rated controller is required, check this out: https://configurator.rockwellautomation.com/configurator/934003FA30114BBEB2090B5459B5881C/summary

Processing time per boolean instruction is dependent on the instruction, but it is anywhere between 2 - 50 nanoseconds. https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/logix-rm002_-en-p.pdf

COMMUNICATION INTERFACE Industrial Ethernet, 2x RS232 / 485

Allen Bradley Compactlogix uses the Ethernet/IP protocol, which many different brands of HMIs support. We use LSIS. https://www.ls-electric.com/products/category/Smart_Automation_Solution/HMI

Take a look at Beckhoff or give them a call. I would recommend a CX2000 series, along with TwinSAFE IO for your safety IO. You can spec the CX to have two (2) RS232/485 ports on it if you want, or there are bus couplers available with those ports and/or EthernetIP, etc....

You can specify the scan time of the PLC task to exactly 50µS. I believe that is the fastest that you can go, hence my recommendation of CX2000 series minimum. You'll also get the added benefit of EtherCAT. If speed is essential (sounds like it is) for your application, EtherCAT is what you want.

CX2000 series with bus couplers

TwinSAFE IO and software

You can mix the safety IO with standard IO if you want, anywhere within the I/O tree. No need for a dedicated "Safety PLC".