Selection of parameters in Assembly in PLC and getting mapped on the device side

ssk1506

Hi All,

EDS file is available for the device profile with the following assembly instances and max size (based on parameters in the respective assemblies)
1. Assembly Instance 0x0B with 12 bytes
2. Assembly Instance 0x01 with 148 bytes

With EIP scan tool I am able to establish connection and see the data in the wireshark with the max sizes configured with Class 1 connection.

I dont have much knowledge of the PLC and its working.

I am trying to understand and gather knowledge by following the steps below:

1. Gone through a videos of PLC configuration where in it shows how to configure the assemblies but was not able to get the concept.

2. I have an EDS file defined in whcih the sizes for Input assembly and output assembly are defined as shown above.
What I understand is this is the max limit of size (based on the number of max parameters of the device profile)

3. In the videos it shows that a user can select the desired parameters which user want to monitor or control in their respestive assemblies.
That is, dynamically,one can select the desired parameters from the available list from the EDS file and only those parameters have to polled from the device or
sent as control to the device.

4. So when a user selects the parameters, download in the PLC, then selected parameters information has to be sent to the connected EtherNet/IP device

Now my query is when a user selects set of parameters from the available set of parameters, how does that information is sent to the EtherNet/IP device so that
the stack can prepare the assembly with the selected parameters and then do a plug-in and restart the stack.
(Currently I dont hav a PLC to experiment, but I need to design and implement the code on my device side)
After that the communication is established if the size and direction match with that in the PLC.

What my aim that the in the assemblies I should be able to add the parameters and that assembly should be pluged-in into my device.
I am not able to get, how the selected parameter information is sent to the EIP device

Request to some information for my query.

Regards,

Ssk