CLC and Wonderware

eber66

Hey I need some help here. I am trying to get my CLC communicating and I am having problems. We had a hard drive failure and I am switching to a new hard drive with a ghost of the previous installed. Everything came up except for the fact that my CLC is not communicating to my screens. I dont know if this is enough info for you but I have tried everything I know to get it working. It is a serial connection and I think I am just missing something small. Any ideas?

Did you look at any of the diagnostic menus on the clc dde server?
Do you have VisualMotion on the PC? Does it talk to the card?
Is you serial port still the same com port?

Yep everthing on the diagnostics menus looks good.

VisualMotion is on the PC but is not communicating either.

And the Serial Port is still the same Com port.

Sounds like the serial port setting of the DDE server do not match what the CLC is setup for.
Change the serial port settings until it talks with VisualMotion.
The bottom serial port setup for 9600, if you want to test it. The top port could have been set to 9.6, 19.2 or 38.4.