question about adding comments in GX Developer

Matthew@LSC

I'm trying to add comments to a program already written, doing what I can to make it easier to understand what the coils actual refer to. But I keep getting an error:

the comment data to be referenced does not exist

I'm using GX Developer 8.28e, and I've looked everywhere I can think of to find some kind of setting or option that relates to the comments. Haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know where the option to tell it what comments file to use is at, if such a thing even exists?

Hi Matthew,

When I open my program, the comments do not show up.
Hold Cntrl + F5 then Cntrl + F7 then Cntrl + F8.

Doing this will make the comments and aliases appear.

Have Fun!

Similar Topics

All, I was wondering. How do you add a number to another number(say level input) only once, to keep it constant. Example: You have Num1, which...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an array of 30 integers :- db1.tracking[0] to db1.tracking[29] What's the best / easiest way to add them all together ? They are...
Replies
Views
Hello again..trying something on an existing poorly written program and just wanted to double check something system is an A-B MicroLogix 1200 In...
Replies
Views
Good morning! Let me start by saying, I am still learning about this type of HMI programming. I recently watched a video about recipes and how it...
Replies
Views
I have some logic that I have written within a 5380 series controller that tracks the time an event is started, while the event is running an RTO...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom