SLC 503, DH485 & PANELVIEW+

L BURKE

I am using a SLC503 which is connected to a DH485 network via 1747-AIC and 1761-NET-AIC. The DH485 link is ok that is I can see the SLC from the NET-AIC using a 1747-UIC on my laptop. The Panelview+ and SLC503 have comms also.
The problem is that using RSLINK I can only see the SLC even if I connect using Channel 0 DF1 on the SLC. I require to examine/modify both the SLC503 and Panelview by a modem.

PanelView+ on DH485

I have tried your suggestions but still not seeing the PanelView+ on channel 0 using DF1. I asssume that maybe both channels have to be DH485?. The other problem is that the PanelView+ is not seen when the laptop is connected via the 1747-UIC to the NET-AIC interface which is connected to the 1747-AIC where the slc and panelview are connected..

I am trying to upload the PV program from a 2711-K5A2 (PV550). It is DH485 to the SLC503. I am connected to the 503 with the serial port using the DF1 driver.

I went through step by step on the document in post #2, and for whatever reason I am not getting the PV550 to show up. Instead, it seems to think it found the processor on all 30 nodes. Anyone have any idea what I have done wrong here?

Passthru Issue.jpg

I have seen this with a KF2 box ( DF1 to DH+) where all 64 nodes would show up but there were only 7 connected.

Try unchecking the autobrowse then right click on the nodes and remove them. Then recheck the autobrowse.

What node is the PV?

As soon as I re-check auto browse it just re-populates them again. I think the PV in node 2. Very small machine and the SLC and PV are the only things here.

Weird. Hopefully one of the AB gurus have seen this.

When all else fails with RSLinx you might try deleting the driver and then delete the harmony files and start over.

See text below if you haven't done this before.

You might need a RUN/PROG/RUN cycle of the keyswitch or even a power cycle of the controller.

I think what's going on is that you have the RSLinx DF1 Full Duplex driver configured for "1770-KF3/1747-KE", which browses target addresses in sequence. But the SLC is replying, no matter what the target address is.

This implies that the SLC isn't properly passing the messages through to the DH485 port.

Now things have gone from bad to worse. I rebooted the whole system and the PV is giving me an error 24 (Performed CRC base firmware check).

I assume this means now that I won't be able to recover the program?