Reading Logix5000

eber66

Does anyone know if there is a way to read a Logix5000 file with Logix 500 software? If not how could I print a copy of 5000 when the computer is not hooked up to a printer. Could I print to a file such as a word file or some other sort of readable file?

eber66 said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to read a Logix5000 file with Logix 500 software? If not how could I print a copy of 5000 when the computer is not hooked up to a printer. Could I print to a file such as a word file or some other sort of readable file?

Print to a *.pdf file. There are many freeware utilities out there that do that.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

eber66 said:

RSLogix500 and RSLogix5000 are two completely different programs and cannot directly exchange their native file types.

You must have RSLogix5000 to open and print the file. If you zip the file and attach it to a post here, someone would be able to create a pdf for you, as suggested by curly.

Paul

eber66

Do you need someone here to print the file for you? As Paul stated, if you have the Logix5000 file you can zip it and attach it to a post. Then someone here who has Logix5000 will create a PDF file and and attach it to a reply post, which you can then download, and viola, you have a print out. We do it all the time.