PowerFlex 700 with DeviceNet

rleon

Hi:

I'm new in this forum and I have started with a problem configuring the I/O data for a Powerflex in RSNetworx for DeviceNet.

When I click "properties" in PowerFlex and go to the "I/O Data" Tab, the bytes blocks appears as "Not Defined". I don't know how to change this, I tried it modifying some parameters in the "Parameters" Tab, but the data still stay "Not Defined".

For example in E3 Plus I change the AssyWord parameters and with this action, I can change the I/O data definition, and then , map in the DNB Scaner. But with PowerFlex I cannot change the data.

Any help wil be welcome.
Thanks

Rleon:

Is this a new project or you´re adding elements to an existing one ?
Have you included your PF in your scanner list ?
What about your scanner, is it a 1746-sdn, 1769sdn or 1756-dnb??
Have you mapped your PF ??
I guess you PF´s address is ok and includen in the netowrk, isn´t it ?

hi Bill:

Thanks for your help.

Is this a new project or you´re adding elements to an existing one ?
Is a new project, that I'm configuring offline while waiting for the shipment of the drives.

Have you included your PF in your scanner list ?

You mean to add the PF in the scanlist tab of the scanner? Yes I do, with automap, but if I go to the Input or Output tabs in the scanner, the bytes of PowerFlex aperas "Not Defined"

What about your scanner, is it a 1746-sdn, 1769sdn or 1756-dnb??

It's a 1756-DNB scanner

Have you mapped your PF ??

Im not sure, where I do that?

I guess you PF´s address is ok and includen in the netowrk, isn´t it ?

Yes, but I'm working offline now, because I need to configure the DeviceNet first, and then use the Device Tag Generator

Thanks

Rleon:

By your answers, It seems that you did it correctly, Why don´t you try with a new EDS version of your PF ( Power Flex), maybe the one your using is not ok, just for the sake, try a different model and if that works ok, then download the latest version.
By the way what version of Rsnetworks are you using ??

I'm using RSNetworx 8 (CPR7).

I tried with others EDS, but the problem is the same. The matter is I don't know how to define the I/O Data of PF. It still appear like "Not Defined". In the E3 I can change with the parameters, but with PF I can't do it. In E3 the bytes are defined when I go to I/O Data tabs. I don't know if that definition I have to create or it comes with thew EDS file.

Thanks

Last edited:
Are you goint to the Scanner, choosing the input tab and then the advanced button. That is where you define the I/O data when you map it? make sense?

Last edited:
As an exercise I have just created a new network offline and everything is ok, the PF is under " DPI to devicenet " tab not under AC Drives.

That was the point. Thanks. I thought that if I select PowerFlex in AC Drives, it automatically recognizes that is using a DPI. I didn't explored the "DPI to devicenet tree". Now I see the I/O data.

Thanks again