Powerflex 700 / 70

AKVance

Hello all, I was forced to replace a Powerflex 700 to a Powerflex 70 due to what is available. The digital input parameters (361-366) have a discrepancy in available selections. In the 700 there are sections for 39 & 40 (end of decel and end of limit). In the 70, selections 36-40 are labeled "reserved". The application is a hoist with a deceleration when reaching an upper or lower limit switch and end of travel at the next limit. The original 700 was programmed for parameter 363 (digital input 3) to selection 39 (Decel limit) and parameter 364 (digital input 4) to selection 40 (end limit). There are not options for these same selections within the 70 for parameters 361-366.

I am considering setting P364 to selection 4 (Stop) and P363 to a preset speed.

Any advice is appreciated.

-AKV

Setting decel limit to a preset speed is fairly equivalent. Setting end limit to a stop is not. The end limit in the 700 also enforced a .1 second decel for the stop. You'll need to set that input to also select the 2nd accel/decel, and have that decel set to .1. There is a fast brake stop and flix brake stop available in the 70, but I've never used them so best to consult the literature.