duplicating PowerFlex 700 parameters

EMSSTC

Hello Everyone,

I have multiple machines that do the same thing, only the IP's are different. Some of the machines have AB drives while others have Siemens. We replaced one of the Siemens with an PowerFlex 700VC and the speed is not showing up on the Red Lion HMI (this shows the status of two machines.) The other machine in the set was already a PowerFlex 700.

My question is what would be the easiest way to take the parameters of existing PowerFlex (minus the IP) and put them into the one that replaced the Siemens?

EMSSTC

allen bradley connected components workbench. Free software from Rockwell automation. Connect to existing, upload parameters and download to new unit.

Now I have another problem. I can see both drives in RSLinx, but I can only see one in CCW Discover. I can't see the one that I need to upload. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

It brings up FactoryTalk Linx, which for some reason is only recognizing machine 57. RSLinx Classic lite is recognizing both. Is there a way to make it use RSLinx? The "Select Communication Software" is grayed out on the communication tab. I am using the Standard Edition of CCW.

I know this is not what you have asked but is your machine running with the new drive?
If the Red Lion HMI is directly accessing the drive, It will be looking for the Siemens location and not AB. Compare your Crimson tags and comms.

The machine is running. I have never programmed a Red Lion HMI and am not sure that I even have the software for it. The last time that I programmed an AB Panelview I was using RSView32, so it's been a while. I don't even know (or remember) how to move the RPM indication from the drive to the HMI. That is why I am trying to copy all of the parameters.

I believe that the HMI is only being used for indication, but I am not sure. I do know that the start, jog, speed, and stop functions are manual switches.

The Powerflex 700 HIM faceplate also has a copy/write fuction. You may need to re-address the IP but everything else should be good to go. You just copy from an existing drive and move the HIM to the new drive, write and away you go.

Last edited:
That sounds like it would be my best bet. I will give that a shot. I do wish that I could have gotten this to work though, and I don't understand how after doublechecking everything that RSLinx sees both drives and FactoryTalk Linx only sees one.