duplicating ifix picture

cjjeeper

Sorta a dumb question but...

I want to duplicate a picture to work on some changes to the graphic..

so "picOriginal", I want a copy of that and will name it "picOriginal_1"

do I just copy that in the windows directory and then rename it?

Seems to work but not sure if this is the best way to do it.

At the end of editing I will want to replace the "picOriginal" with the changes so that is not obvious to me either. Delete the "picOriginal" and rename the "picOriginal_1" to "picOriginal"? or is that going to break the calls to the picture from the existing menu etc?

Thanks in advance

I open the picture in workspace and do a save as. I save it with the original name to a different folder on my computer. When I am done making changes to the picture I either copy and paste it back into the pic folder or open it and do a save as the pic folder.

I open the picture in workspace and do a save as. I save it with the original name to a different folder on my computer. When I am done making changes to the picture I either copy and paste it back into the pic folder or open it and do a save as the pic folder.

interesting...I looked for but must have missed the "save as"...

So if it's saved in a different folder it will run from there when I hit "control-W"?

Thanks