WinCC Basics

Secret

I've only ever used Protool for Siemens screens before but I've been given a WinCC 2007 project to look at.
I can't for the life of me get the properties of any of the buttons/fields etc. Am I being thick?

Right Click

Place your object on the screen i.e. button, then right click on it and go to properties.

Secret said:
I've only ever used Protool for Siemens screens before but I've been given a WinCC 2007 project to look at.
I can't for the life of me get the properties of any of the buttons/fields etc. Am I being thick?

Hi, the objects are already there, I have since been told that I should be able to double click on them and the properties box should come up on the bottom which it doesn't. I've also been told there should be a liberary field on the right for selecting objects to drag into the screens which it hasn't got either. I've tried selecting things in the view menu to no avail......:(

1st. Dont start a thread with "WinCC", when you are really meaning "WinCC Flexible". Such things really destroy my day. :mad:

2nd. Try to open a command prompt, go to the WinCC Flexible program folder, and enter hmies -reset <enter>
This should restore your menus. I have experienced a case where this was not enough. After I reinstalled the latest hotfix it started to behave again.

I know I have said the "WinCC" instead of "WinCC Flex" before. When I started I wasn't even aware of a "WinCC" so didn't know that the added details needed to be there. Damn Siemens for needing to name stuff very similar.

I had the same issue with my WinCC Flexible 2005 and 2007 (both standard and advance). I had to go into control panel -> Add Remove programs -> Click on Remove -> then the option comes up to Repair the file.

I've had to do this up to 3 times after an install to get Flex working and also similar issues with Step7

This will also reset the layout if it somehow gets messed up.
ResetUsInter.jpg

Hi, Update is I uninstalled + reinstalled (tried the reset layout bit in the toolbox - didn't work) seems fine now. Anybody got alarm logging working for alarm history on a MP377 12" touchscreen? It seems to want an external storage area to store the log file? Why can't it use it's own flash memory?

hmm

I never worked with an MP377, but I think it will be allmost the same as an MP277.

Or you place an MMC card to store on. Or a network location.

Or you select events instead of logging, but I don't know what happens after shutting down the runtime...

MP's do have a non-volatile alarm buffer without battery, so I guess the alarm buffer won't be cleared.

Secret said:
Hi, Update is I uninstalled + reinstalled (tried the reset layout bit in the toolbox - didn't work) seems fine now. Anybody got alarm logging working for alarm history on a MP377 12" touchscreen? It seems to want an external storage area to store the log file? Why can't it use it's own flash memory?

Last edited:
Combo said:
I never worked with an MP377, but I think it will be allmost the same as an MP277.

Or you place an MMC card to store on. Or a network location.

Or you select events instead of logging, but I don't know what happens after shutting down the runtime...

MP's do have a non-volatile alarm buffer without battery, so I guess the alarm buffer won't be cleared.

Thanks, I was trying with a USB drive (which was an option) but didn't seem to work. I tried a CF card today which works. I tried the events option instead of logging yesterday but as you suggest it only stores them when running and clears it on reboot.

Sounds pretty squirley. Any idea what's really going on with the menus? What does that have to do with the layout?

okay

Okay

Secret said:
Thanks, I was trying with a USB drive (which was an option) but didn't seem to work. I tried a CF card today which works. I tried the events option instead of logging yesterday but as you suggest it only stores them when running and clears it on reboot.