ab plc 2

joeparrish

Ok I have an allein bradly plc 2 mini 1172ln3 that I am haveing some issues with.

We had to change out the processor becouse it lost the program and would not allow us to reload it.

We put a refurbished unit in there and downloaded the program.

Issues we are haveing are timmers are jumping around and flickering also a few outputs are stuck on.

We changed the cards out that we are haveing the output stuck on and it made no diferance.

we also tryed a backplain and it did not help

so I am thinking a bad processor we got or maby an out of date program.

I haven't touched a mini but any dIP switches mismath?
Usually people just unplug the old unit and plug in a new one without even checking dIP switch configuration, I've seen it a million times.
Not sure if this is your problem but just a thought.

Just curious, do you know the cost of replacing the PLC2? I have no idea what they are selling for these days. Interested in a cost compare to upgrading, from your point of view.

Interestingly, we have several PLC2's here. Used to be around 10 but only 4 now. Gradually being replaced. I must say though, totally reliable. Only downside is the T3 terminal.

Cheers