MSSQL database and Simatic net

userxyz

Is it possible to read in production data and alarms to a database like MSSQL EXPRESS 2008 via Simatic net OPC S7 driver ?

Is it difficult, is it good for historian, datacaptation... ?

indeed

I was unpatient :)

Thanks for your reply btw, it helped a lot.

Now I know what we need.

FactorySQL is a cliënt application that reads/writes data from/to an OPC server.

The OPC server (PLC driver) communicates with the PLC.

The MSSQL Express is the database.

So:

1995 dollars for the FactorySQL software

795 dollars for an ethernet OPC driver from Kepware

and a free MSSQL database

that's what I need to do datacaptation in an SQL database.
surferb said:
That's exactly what FactorySQL does as we've been discussing in this thread:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=287714

yes

yes I did

hmm, tomorow I have a meeting with my boss, this will be one of the possibillities that will lay on the table

thanks

surferb said:
Exactly right :).

Did you watch the video link that I submitted earlier?

Hi combo,

Recently we played around with SQL Express, altough out of WinCC.
It is very easy to setup a link in WinCC to read/write into tables.
We never tought it would work over the network, but neverless, one connectionstring and all the client (WinCC) can read from the database...

Sorry Combo,

Een beetje te snel gereageert, kijk ook eens op process informatik, misschien vindt je daar wel wat meer.
And before I get the whole forum over me, maybe have a look at process informatik, they have nice stuff for reasonable prices.

Henk