RsView alarms

frw312

I have used other versions of RsvVew but am new to SE. Do you have to install Microsoft sql server to be able to use hmi tag based alarms in an application? I see that it would be needed for logging, but what about just having alarms displayed on graphic displays? Thanks,

If you have rsview SE V5.0 and rslogix5000 V16, alarmas can be generated from within plcs, otherwise on SE, go to hmi tags and create your alarms over there, remember you have to use rslinx enterprise, before doing so you have to configure comnunication, this was called topic in rsview 32 and under rslinx classic.
You do not have to install Rssql in order to setup alarms.

enterprise vs classic

I am running SE 5.00 and RsLogix v13, but don’t have rslinx enterprise Will classic work if I create HMI tags in SE?

Yes, it will work with rslinx classic, but it is much better with enterprise. Alarms will work based on rslinx classic.
When you install SE rslinx enterprise is also installed, i do not see why you do not have it.

Rslogix was intalled prior to the SE installation, I didn't do anything with linx as it was on the PC. It sounds like i need to install enterprise from the insatlation disk.

Thanks, fw