Decimal Places and Integers

Ktn

I would really appreciate some feedback on the following: If for eg. I have a double integer with a value of 88965 and divide this value by 10, I will have 8896.5. Will this number that needs to be displayed be converted to 8897 or will .5 just be ingored and the display will show 8896. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi

If the value is in the PLC and represents xxxxxx.x units but is actually xxxxxxxx in the PLC you can simply scale most HMI's to show 1 decimal place without ANY PLC changes.

That is what i usually do.

Integer division gives an integer result. In Step7,

Code:
L L#88965
L L#10
/D

gives a result of 8896

Thanks very much, that answers my question. Now back to changing all of my ladder logic since i was under the impression that it would get rounded off to the nearest whole integer.