Ratio Control - PLC5

specialkc

I am working with a PLC 5/30 and need to incorporate some basic ratio control logic. The process is a basic gas incinerator, however since the raw gas (methane containing H2S) is too rich to burn on it's own we are adding fuel gas (sweet/dry methane). What I need to do is maintain a constant ratio of fuel gas flow to raw gas flow, i.e I need twice as much fuel gas flow as I have raw gas flow.

I have 2 Analog inputs (The flow of each gas stream) and 1 analog output to the Flow Control Valve for the fuel gas.

Can I use the PID block in RS Logix 5 to perform this task, or am I going have to incorporate custom programming containing math instructions to accomplish this task?

This would be easy using function block which I am more familiar with, however I must work with ladder logic in the PLC5 environment.

Can this been done Easily and with the use of the PID block, and a few math instructions?