RsView tag address

frw312

I am working with an Rsview SE application that communicates with a logix 5000 plc. When I try to access a tag addres in the plc tag list for controller tags of i/o I see down as far as the .data level but not the data.bit level. This happens for both online and offline modes. Any suggestions what i am doing wrong?

Thanks

My guess is that you have a tag in your CLX processor and that tag is integer for instance and you want to be able to acces it up to the bit level, isn´t it ??
The answer is to get the tag and then add the bit like this:
{::[controller]integer}, the you modify the tag to something like this
{::[controller]integer.x} where x is the bit number you want to examine.

You're close to what i'm trying. I have digital tags in the HMI and i am trying to reference to hardware rack. ie [controller]Local:7:I.Data.06, when i access the plc from SE i don't see the .06, i have to type it in. The person that programed the plc gave the i/o tags the same namees as the actual rack address. it would be ideal if they had given them descriptive tag alias names but oh well. is there a way to see the .06 or do you always have to type it in?

yes, there is a solution for your case, please use a UDT like this:
Integer ( UDT name): bit0, bool, bit1,bool, bit2 bool up to bit 15, bool. this example is for integer only.

So when you access your data ( integer) you will be able to see bit by bit data.

I'm still learning what the all the abreviations mean. What does UDT stand for? Is it in Rsview or logix? Thanks for your patience

In ControlLogix, UDT means "User defined Data Type". It is a way of creating objects that can contain bits and integers and dints, and floats, (and even other complex data types like timers and counters), in whatever arrangement the user decides.