Factorytalk Security

mjohnsonc

I have installed the latest versions of RSLogix and enabled security features. In FTSecurity, I setup a Windows Linked user name called "Tech" which is the name the PC logs in as. FTSecurity see this and allows RSLogix to open, but with the following policy restrictions ...
Create/Delete Data Files

Deny

Create/Delete Program Files

Deny

PLC5 Only – Create/Delete/Modify User Defined Structure

Deny

Data Table Modification

Deny

Force Functions

Deny

Offline Program File Editing

Deny

Online Program File Editing

Deny

Replace

Deny

Save

Deny

Save/Delete User Workspace

Deny

Save Program File

Deny

Technicians still have the ability to create a Custom Data Monitor, Trend, Histograms. They are not allowed to save these changes to disk and alter the original file. If the CDM or Trend is important, they can have a qualified person login with saving rights and save the program to disk. All of this works well.

My problem is, with the policy restrictions above, the left-click does not work when selecting a rung and when you are using the left-click to select the Cross-reference below an instruction. Right Click on a rung does select the rung. Right-Click on a cross-reference below an instructtion does take you to the correct rung, but it also brings up a Right-Click toolbar. The techs are complaining about this.

Has anyone seen this and have you come up with a fix?