Continous calculation with the last values from an AI

Decamber

Hello,

I have a WAGO 740-842 PLC that takes a 4-20 mA signal from some load cells and calculates the avarage value over some seconds, and finally write it to an AO.

Currently I have a timer in which the calculation takes place, and once every X seconds the avarage is written to the AO. See below for the code.

Now I'd like to change this. I want the avarage to be calculated continously based on the last N values (for example N=20). How do I accomplish this?

That is:
I want the measured instantaneous weight to be added to an array / FIFO / list ... and continously have the average be calculated, based on the last 20 values (for instance).

Code:
 skalfaktor:= WORD_TO_REAL(maxvikt)/32764;
 tidd:= WORD_TO_TIME(tid);	

TONinst(IN:= NOT(TONinst.Q), PT:=tidd);

IF TONinst.Q THEN

vikt_sum:= vikt_sum - vikt_array[i] + akt_vikt;
   	vikt_array[i]:=akt_vikt;	  (* akt_vikt is the value from the AI *)
   	i:= i + 1;

IF i > antal_varden THEN	(* antal_varden is the number of samples to be taken *)
   		i:= 1;
   		vikt_avg:= DINT_TO_REAL(vikt_sum / antal_varden);
   		IF skalfaktor*vikt_avg > 3  THEN
   			vikt_skalad:= REAL_TO_WORD(skalfaktor*vikt_avg);
   		ELSE
   			vikt_skalad:= 0;
   		END_IF
   		display:=vikt_skalad;
   	END_IF

Just take out the IF TONinst.Q THEN and its matching END_IF.

Now the calculations are happinging on each PLC scan, not just when the timer finishes....

every second make a loop to:
measure
take the reading and 19 times your display divide by 20 and you will have a smooth line.
make the 20 and 19 variable so you can change them.
no need for array and shift. only two realviables.