RSLinx

tribunomex

Hi:

I have a PLC SCL500, and RSlogix 500, and I need to send a string to a PC using ethernet (TCP/IP), somebody told me I must use RSlinx to send information, but this string is in the PLC, what i have to do (IN RSlinx and in the ladder program) to send that informaton to the PC. Thanks.

Tribuno, if you have rslinx you do not need to send anything from the plc to the pc, rslinx acts as an opc server and using an opc client like excel you can capture data from a pc. Go to www.ab.com then go to the knowledgebase you will get some examples.

Typically the PC drives the reads/writes via an OPC client. Even when you want the PLC to initiate requests, it's still usually implemented with PC based polling.

Similar Topics

I don't have a whole lot of experience with RSLinx Enterprise or I guess it's also called FactoryTalk Linx. We have a Rockwell FTView SE based...
Replies
Views
I have 2 PLCs. One is networked to our plant, and the other is networked to the first PLC via a 1756-EN2T. I could easily get the second PLC...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am working on a project, where I face a issue with respected to Network Dropout. The PLC is connected to a 16 port unmanaged switch, where...
Replies
Views
Does Rockwell still offer reset codes for old school Master Disk floppy's? In a bind and need to reset the activation disk soon and to be pointed...
Replies
Views
Anyone have issues with RSLinx being very slow to open. It sometimes will say "Checking Activation" at the bottom for what seems like an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom