HMI messages

Neil stokes

Good morning, this is my first posting on this site.

I am trying to configure alarm and event messages without Pdiag on an OP37 with simatic S7

My plan was to load a value into a word in the PLC when A certain state is active in the program.

Does anyone know how to configure a screen or message area to display a certain message depending on a word value.?

Is there another way of configuring alarms/events and text without using Pdiag.??

appreiate anyones help

kind regards Neil Stokes

Hi,

In your Protool project:

Area Pointers > double click that > in pop up box select Alarm Messages > Hit OK > Next screen select the connection and where the alarms are located. ie M for Flags, DB if you use a DB. Select which DB if using DB. Select offset ie DB1 then 100 is DB1.DBW00 starting point. Then select how many words you want. And the Acquisition cycle.

Once this is done, go to Messages > Double click on Alarm Messages. Now you can enter your alarms. Do note on the bottom right, on the status bar, you will find a small window which shows the memory location in the S7-PLC of the currently selected alarm.

After all the alarms have been created, now you need to create a button or other event to summon the alarm window.

And thats basically it.....

Oh wait. Just re-read the post. Isn't going to work with values. Well not directly. Alarms are bit triggered. Multiple alarms can be triggered simultaniously though.

Neil stokes said:
Good morning, this is my first posting on this site.

I am trying to configure alarm and event messages without Pdiag on an OP37 with simatic S7

My plan was to load a value into a word in the PLC when A certain state is active in the program.

Does anyone know how to configure a screen or message area to display a certain message depending on a word value.?

Is there another way of configuring alarms/events and text without using Pdiag.??

appreiate anyones help

kind regards Neil Stokes
Use the top of your screen.
Add a message display and display text according to a value of a word in the PLC. The display should be setup as a multistate indicator actually. A decimal value will trigger a different message.
The top of your screen contains an active-x window I think, which means, once you set it up it will be displayed on every screen the operator is on.
As far as alarms, do as Jeebs suggested.