siemens automation license manager

udtwmc

Hi,

I'm having trouble with running the automation license manager v2.2 hf2 on my pc (OS: Win XP Pro sp2) alongside step7 v5.4 sp2.
they both install ok but my pc doesn't run the Automation license application.
msconfig services says it is 'Stopped' ...I don't know how to start it up?

is my pc corrupt? I've tried severasl times removing (using windows add/remove) and re-installing the software but to no avail!!??

Any help would be greatly appreciated
cheers

In order to start the service you can right click on My Computer and go to manage. In the menu on the left select services. On the right side window find that license manager service and d-click it. You will get a new window that opens up and you can start the service there. I always set this service to manual just to ensure that it will start when needed.

thanks for super quick reply Ron.

Did what you said but windows says it started then stopped..i tried it in manu8al aswell. status always says it is stopped??

JesperMP said:
I just remember that there were some problems with ALM 4.0, and that ALM 3.0+ was suggested in stead.
So I found a download for ALM 3.0 SP1, and it is only 13 MB:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/114358
I have just installed Step7 SP4 and sR5.
ALM4.0 is part of the install.
Now it won't find keys on my hard drive and can't start it from Simatic Manager to manually manage my activations.
I will try reinstalling or repair and see what happens?
What have you found about ALM4.0?
Jesper mentioned something about using a 3.0 version for now.
Thanks in advance.

Never mind the previous post!
Jespers solution worked just fine.
I uninstalled only the ALM V4.0 and then installed the ALM v3.0 SP! from my older DVD.
Works like a charm.