Mitsubishi PLC (NEWBIE)

alearon

Hello ,

Here is the problem: I am a fresh grad with absolutely no experience and no knowledge to start off with.

The bigger problem is that i was given a task recently to understand a Mitsubishi Fx series PLC as soon as possible so that i can do some troubleshooting and adding some new feature to a machine.

I have spend 3 weeks on understanding the basics of PLC while trying to get as many help as possible. I manage to trace back most of the X's and Y's but there are still alot of M's that i dont know what they do.

So i humbly seek for help here. is there any way for me to catch up and perform in PLC?

Thanks.
Al

Hi all,

there's a function that was locked in a plc system. initially i thought the lock was by the touch screen. but found out that it is not the case. Does this means that the function is locked using PLC program ? if so, is there anyway for me to unlock it?

Thanks
Al

You need to be a bit more specific, how are we supposed to know what the function is thats locked ?

Which software are you using for a start ?

Which touch screen are you using ?

Also post the part of the program you dont understand

tragically1969 said:
You need to be a bit more specific, how are we supposed to know what the function is thats locked ?

Which software are you using for a start ?

Which touch screen are you using ?

Also post the part of the program you dont understand

thanks for reply,

1.i'm using melsoft GX to program and read.

2.the touch screen is also mitsubishi F940got-lwd-e model

3.part that i dun know somehow covers most of the programs....

Ty
Al

Goody said:
Sounds like it might be password protected - oh dear :(

Hi,

yeah... i believe so too. i tried to trace the password by trying all the K's in the program but none works. To avoid being misunderstood that i'm tryin to hack to geta free program, this is really our company's good. just that the programer was not around anymore.
IS there anyway to trace it back?
tY
Al