RSView32 ActiveX Control Error

stevenPLC

I'm very new on RSView software.
Recently got a sample program, but when I try to open some graphic display (say the display file name Page01), it prompts me

"Unable to load ActiveX control for display Page01
cause: DSE_OCX_02.CMD:ActiveX control not found on computer.
cause: DSE_INPUT_02.Input_Box:ActiveX control not found on computer. "

Anyone can help tell me, how can I find those ActiveX control needed to open the graphic display? It's some files from the original PC of that program or need install sth else in my PC?

here is ab's answer:
Problem:
An ActiveX control is registered and the property pages can be accessed. However, when a graphic display is opened or saved containing the ActiveX control, the following error message is displayed:

Unable to load ActiveX control for display Screen1
cause: Control1: ActiveX control not found on computer.

where Screen1 is the graphic display containing the ActiveX control called Control1. Additional error messages from the ActiveX control may be displayed after the above error.

Cause:
The ActiveX control used in the RSView32 graphic display does not have any version information. In Windows Explorer, when the .ocx file is selected and it's Properties are viewed, no Version tab is available.

RSView32 requires ActiveX controls to be implemented with version information. This version information is used for compatibility tests and CAB file downloading by RSView32 Active Display clients.

Solution:
Add the necessary version information to the ActiveX control.

Thank you for the reply.

But I'm still puzzled..how to "Add the necessary version information to the ActiveX control"

What should I do? I'm a bit blank about this..

stevenPLC said:
Thank you for the reply.

But I'm still puzzled..how to "Add the necessary version information to the ActiveX control"

What should I do? I'm a bit blank about this..

check out ab.com and see what they have for files. I would look for the RSTXView.ocx file and copy it into the \Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon directory replacing the existing file. make sure it is for your version of rsview.

I have had problems when opening trends up and also opening up graphic pages which would tell me the same thing and that file cured alot of it. hope this helps

Last edited: